Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste – Your annual dues cover all three of these provided services
Pickup Day: Wednesday for all Nall Hills HOA starting August 1
Guidelines and Collection limits for Nall Hills:
Household waste: One bin (65 Gallon is Standard Size)
Recycling: One Bin (65 Gallon is Standard Size). Click here for acceptable material.
Yard waste: 6 bags per week (must be compostable bags only) Note: increased to 10 bags per week in May, Oct, Nov and Dec only. Limited collection in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar. See link above for more “2018 Trash Calendar and Guideline”
You can now purchase special stickers to place on bags above the limit for pickup. You can purchase these stickers at the Ace Hardware stores on Mission/83rd and Santa Fe (east of Antioch) for $12.50, for a sheet of 10 stickers ($1.25ea).
Bulky items: Each homeowner will be allowed ONE bulky item to be picked up per month, but you must schedule it with Republic Services. Restrictions apply
In addition to this monthly service there is one (1) annual Bulky Item Pickup day currently offered. The annual service is sponsored by the City of Overland Park in ODD YEARS and Nall Hills Homes Association in EVEN YEARS. 2018 Bulky Item Pick up (NHHA Sponsored)was June 30, 2018
Additional Needs: If you need Republic to collect more than the limits stated above, you must contact Republic directly.
City of Overland Park’s trash can storage regulations:
1) All trash (bags, cans, bins, bundles) may not be put out at the curb more than 24 hours prior to your collection day.
2) Per city ordinance, stored trash cans cannot be visible from the street or your neighbors “side view.” An enclosed structure is required if stored on the side of the house.
- Place carts at least 3 feet apart from one another or on opposite side of driveway and close to the curb.
- Do not overload the cart. If the lid is not closed garbage will be subject to wind and nuisance animals.
- Please do not lean anything against cart.
- The arrows on the lid of the cart should face toward the street, the handle should face toward your house
- Yard waste may NOT be placed in trash carts. State law requires that yard waste, which is compostable, not be mixed with garbage
- Do not put dirt, sod or rock in cart
- Do not put flammable material such as oil, gas, paint, hot ashes or coals in cart
- Do not put muriatic acid or other pool chemicals and supplies in cart. These can cause reactions in your cart and in the collection trucks leading to fires and dangerous toxic fumes
- Do not put debris from construction, remodeling or demolition in the cart
- Please do no paint names or addresses on your cart. Each cart is the property of Republic Services and has been embossed with a serial number.
- Moving out of Nall Hills? If you ever move from your Nall Hills Home, you are required to leave the Republic Trash Bins at the Nall Hills residence. These bins are the property of Republic. If the trash bins are not left behind, you may be charged for the current fair market value of the replacement bins for the new resident.
- Special House Line Pickup for those with physical limitations. The NHHA board must be contacted directly for any new requests. Each request will be vetted appropriately by the board before implementing a house-line pickup. Please call our office or send an email to email@example.com